Eckman 3-in-1 Hand Push Lawn Mower, Scarifier & Aerator
Stock Code: ETC6
Sorry this product is no longer for sale
- Supplied with a sturdy main body and three interchangeable cylinder cassettes:
- Scarifier – for instant removal of moss and thatch
- Aerator – for water, feed, seed and oxygen penetration
- Cylinder Mower - for professional looking stripes
- Height adjustable - min. grass cutting height 12mm/½” to 38mm/1 ½”)
- Large grass collection bag
- Weight: 15kg
- Grass collection bag capacity: 30.4 Litre
Q: Is the machine motorised in any way or do I have to push it?
A: This is a push machine and even though it is built to last and weighs around 15kg (approx.33lbs), its over-sized wheels make it feel light and easy to use.
Q: Why would I need to aerate my lawn?
A: Not everyone has perfect soil conditions for their lawn to grow. A heavy clay soil can be hard and compacted and aerating provides small holes for water, air lawn feed and worms to penetrate.
Q: Will I need to adjust the blade on the mower?
A: The distance between the revolving cylinder blades and the bottom fixed blade is pre-set at the factory to provide an even scissor-like cutting action across the whole width. No further adjustment should be necessary. When working correctly the cylinder blades should just touch the fixed blade when revolving. If you find there is too much contact, follow the adjustments as outlined in the instructions. Only a tiny adjustment may be necessary. Conversely, if there is no apparent contact noise of the revolving blades against the fixed blade, adjust the setting as required.
Q: The grass is not properly collecting into the bag - what could I be doing wrong?
A: There are a number of possibilities why this may be happening. Please see the below troubleshooting list for reference:
1) Ensure the mower is pushed at consistent speed.
2) Ensure the mower is only used on dry grass, this will avoid the machine clogging and possible long term damage.
3) Adjust the mower blade calibration to ensure the cut is not rough or uneven.
4) Adjust the height of the mower to the accommodate the length of the grass as appropriate, between 12mm-38mm.
5) Ensure the area is free from debris such as stones, sticks and large twigs as these could cause damage to the blades / the machine.
6) Ensure the machine is regularly checked for smooth operation, regularly apply oil or lubricant to bearings and other moving parts to avoid ceasing.
7) Adjust walking speed accordingly to ensure grass is collected in the collection bag.
8) Ensure grass collector is correctly placed on the mower, adjust the catcher height as required.
For reviews of this product please visit the websites of Eckman stockists. See here for details